In which I talk about the joys of painting, drawing, knitting, cats, music, living in London, and whatever else takes my fancy.

Friday, March 16, 2007

the paint brush holder my mum made for me



It is the anniversary of when my mum died, so I am feeling reflective and a bit sad, and very thankful. My mum made me this paintbrush holder: being very thrifty and practical she made it from window blind fabric samples and recyled elastic! Pink was my choice of colour. The loose paint brushes belonged to her - she had a great time going to art classes in the last few years of her life, and I enjoyed talking about painting techniques, etc with her - about the only area of life in which I had many more years of experience than she did.

2 comments:

Deb said...

sendin gyou a big hug clare. the paint brush holder looks very nice and colourful-perfect.
dx

Cathy said...

This is lovely, Clare - what a great memento of her!