In which I talk about the joys of painting, drawing, knitting, cats, music, living in London, and whatever else takes my fancy.

Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! This is the time of year when for remembering successes and high points of 2009, and dreaming up goals for 2010. As well as things I think would be wonderful at the start of the year, amazing new opportunities occur in my experience. 2009 was no exception: particular highlights being:
Essential work, making gifts and dealing with life amidst the rare heavy snow in London very much took over my life just before the Christmas holiday, hence the lack of completion of my blog advent parcels : ( Equally, my severe shortage of time prodded me to experiment with making my Christmas card by using a drawing from one of an existing series I have been working on - the twelve days of christmas - and adding a layer in Painter to incorporate a touch of colour. Then mis-reading the printer's upload instructions led to my shrinking the card, with the happy result of increasing the Victorian feel! All of this is encouraging me to complete the series by September this year, so that I can offer them for sale.

1 comment:

Deadly Knitshade said...

We're very pleased you found us, chick. :)

The Stitchettes x