In which I talk about the joys of painting, drawing, knitting, cats, music, living in London, and whatever else takes my fancy.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

New spring wardrobe days 6, 7 and 8!





I had a lovely and exhausting weekend away over easter - seeing lots of my family, age ranges 5 to 80! It was fun seeing them, but the travelling was a nightmare, thanks to engineering works. Anyway, it has taken me a few days to recover, so that although I started painting the lovely pink cardigan on Tuesday, twas only completed today. In fact, this is an example of wanting to have exactly the same thing again: my beloved pink cardigan is rapidly wearing out - I keep finding new holes in it! The jacket is soft, dusky blue cotton, with more of that wonderful hearts print cotton for lining - and it is fully lined with this - none of the awful shiny polyester they seem to use for sleeve lining these days! The pretty skirt would ideally be silk crepe de chine, proper 1930s style : )

No comments: