In which I talk about the joys of painting, drawing, knitting, cats, music, living in London, and whatever else takes my fancy.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Cluster Of Humpties And Slippers

Here is a group photo of the "class of summer 2010" humpty dumpties, all are going their separate ways after growing up together. They are a diverse mix of characters, who have had all sorts of fun and disagreements, chattering away in my work box and on the shelf. It will be fun to see where they set off to for the next stage of their lives via my etsy shop, Dragonfly Sky.

It may be August - one of the summer months in the UK - but chilly weather last Friday prompted the knitting of these delightfully squishy and warm "Grown Up Booties" from Ysolda Teague's "Whimsical Knits (see Summer Holiday post). I used some approximately aran weight, gorgeous tweedy wool that I bought from The Handweavers Studio . They were quick and very easy to knit, so the pattern is recommended. I am now working on another pair, this time with a plan to vary the toe area to better fit my natural bunion joint toes! A foot shape which although less common, is hereditary in my family.

No comments: