In which I talk about the joys of painting, drawing, knitting, cats, music, living in London, and whatever else takes my fancy.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The adventures of Mini-me, Part 4

I next caught up with Mini-me at The Science Museum on June 30th, where she and 258 of her mini-person friends starred as an exhibit for one night only! This was another event organised by Stitch London. Mini-me is just under the letter "y". Much more information about the evening, and far better photos here - do take a look: all the mini-mes have developed lives of their own, which I find very interesting from a cultural perspective. Essentially, the mini-mes are dolls, and humans have been making them since pre-history: see a brief history by the Connecticut doll artists here. I don't know where mini-me will appear next, but am looking forward to seeing her again.

No comments: