In which I talk about the joys of painting, drawing, knitting, cats, music, living in London, and whatever else takes my fancy.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Photography to do list

Photography is rather a mystery to me still: sometimes my photos are stunningly good by accident, but mostly lack lustre. I have had loads of feedback now that my photographs of things I've made to sell on etsy, etc do not do justice to the items in real life. So.. I need to make a concerted effort to learn to photograph small items better! There are lots of good photography tips on etsy, so I am starting with some small non intimidating steps:
  1. Make a light box. I've got the materials - carton, tracing paper and tape, and good instructions.
  2. Learn what the settings on the camera mean.
  3. Experiment by snapping the new humpties as I usually do, and then following instructions from etsy article.
Wish me luck!

No comments: