In which I talk about the joys of painting, drawing, knitting, cats, music, living in London, and whatever else takes my fancy.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

new paint colour


Yesterday I treated myself to a new watercolour: W&N's 'green gold', after it was highly recommended by Lorna and Maya. So today I have been experimenting! The urban fairies pencil doodles I started while I was ill: inspired by admiring Cicely Mary Barker's fab flower fairies, and musing about what kind of fairies would live in London. The 'owl and the pussycat' (who went to sea in a beautiful pea green boat) has been on my mind all morning, so it seemed a good plan to take that as a theme for a limited colour experiment. Only 3 colours were used: french ultramaring, permanent rose, and the green-gold. I'm liking the effect

No comments: