In which I talk about the joys of painting, drawing, knitting, cats, music, living in London, and whatever else takes my fancy.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Blog project: The Selfish Giant

There's been another lengthy absence from my blog due to unforseen family circumstances at the start of February. Thankfully, I can now resume my usual creative life.  In the interim, I have had the excellent news that I was awarded a merit for my diploma in children's illustration!

This seems a good time to paint and draw another blog project, and I thought of doing "The Selfish Giant" by Oscar Wilde , which was suggested to me last year as a story which would suit both my pen and ink and water colour work. I have been wrestling with sorting the story into suitable segments to illustrate, and in some ways I find this task easier by actually making the images! My plan is to make a dummy book of the roughs for the story, so here is the first:


Setting the scene showing the children playing in the giant's garden of peach trees on their way home from school.

No comments: