In which I talk about the joys of painting, drawing, knitting, cats, music, living in London, and whatever else takes my fancy.

Friday, April 06, 2007

another cat with stars


This is a new idea (probably a card design) I 'm working on. My obsession with trails of stars is the result of studying the most gorgeous Edwardian evening dress by Worth, which used to be on display in the Victoria & Albert museum. It is peach coloured velvet, with silk chiffon sleeves, and silk chiffon edging around the hem beaded with trails of stars! I did a sketch of the hem detail one time, and will see if I can find it again to post here.

Otherwise today I have been gardening: it is such a joy to see jasmine, lemon geranium, and fuschia survived the winter under their old foilage, once I trimmed that off today. Also very pleased to note that my baby fig tree has some figs growing on it.

No comments: