In which I talk about the joys of painting, drawing, knitting, cats, music, living in London, and whatever else takes my fancy.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Life juggling and passionflowers

This is a phase where wider family needs for my help added into my full and rich life are leaving very me very little time, hence the lack of blog posts!

It is my habit to start each day with coffee in bed and my personal sketchbook to draw something, anything, so that whatever else transpires during the day, I have at least exercised my drawing muscles and imagination. Usually I keep the contents of this particular sketchbook strictly private, and thus it often takes on the role of a visual journal for me. This sketch nicely sums up how I feel at the moment:


So I have been thinking  about how I can make quick and easy blog posts amid the busy-ness, and realised that I could use favourite photos that I have posted on Instagram (I am dragonflyclef there, if you would like to follow me!). Instagram has become another daily practise to keep my visual eye working, and help me pause for a moment to take in a breath of beauty in my travels around London.

Here is a passionflower I photographed in July:


If you look very closely, there is a busy bee gathering nectar in the heart of the flower.

Then yesterday, I snapped this gloriously abundant passionflower:


See you again soon!

No comments: